I'm a technical writer with experience in using docs-as-code and topic-based authoring approaches to writing and managing documentation.
Before I became a technical writer, I taught developmental writing at various colleges in the Cleveland area. And before that, I studied linguistics for six years. My work as a Technical Writer blends my years of experience as an English teacher, working with learners of all ages, and an interest in programming!
Skills and expertise
- Markup languages: Markdown, Asciidoc
- Structured authoring: DITA, Oxygen XML Author
- Version control: Bitbucket, GitLab, GitHub
- Programming languages: C#/.NET, Python
- Project management: Jira, Confluence, Asana, Agile Scrum
- Static Site Generators: VuePress, Jekyll, Hugo
- Technical experience in DevOps and QA: CI/CD, testing instructions, process automation
- Experience writing tutorials, release notes, training materials, and managing style guide development